CityLab is a co-working and meeting space for NGOs, Christian ministries, churches, startups and individuals to build community and share ideas for synergy (https://citylab-coworking-space.business.site/).
Solution TSC provided
- Operations review (esp. on income and expense process)
- Solutions for operations simplification and efficiency
Like many small NGOs, the front-line staff of CityLab is assuming the accounting and record keeping responsibilities in addition to their daily works. Missing the accounting know-how and professional training, make the management of income and expenses process and records inefficient and undesirable by operation staff.
By reviewing the operation and process, TSC:
- introduced a more transparent and collaborative operating process among full / part-time staff eg. removing duplicated and unclear workflow etc;
- tailor-made a simplified tools plus user manual for bookkeeping including invoicing, donation receipt issuing etc;
- re-organized the records keeping system including digitization of accounting documents to avoid duplication and inconsistency