- Third Sector Connect Limited (“TSC”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is a Hong Kong based social enterprise which aims to unleash the full potential of small to medium non-profits and social enterprises. Composed of diverse professionals with various background ranging from public and commercial sectors, TSC provides small to medium non-profits and social enterprises with the necessary connections and tools to take their projects to the next level.
TSC’s collection and use of your personal data
- TSC may collect your personal data in circumstances such as when you register as a member or volunteer with TSC, indicate interests in participating in TSC’s activities and campaigns (“Activities”), participates in our Activities, collaborates in
- partnership with TSC, or makes contact with TSC. Please note that TSC may not be able to provide you with certain services or to carry out the Activities if you fail to supply necessary personal data to us.
- TSC is committed to collecting, using and handling your personal data in accordance with the PDPO. The types of personal data we collect may include your name, email address and contact details, as is necessary for us to provide you with our services or to enable the carrying out of the Activities. As you browse our TSC websites, we may also collect certain information such as your location information, browser details and IP addresses.
- TSC may use (including transfer or disclose), whether within or outside Hong Kong, your personal data for one or more of the below purposes:
- reviewing and processing your volunteer or membership application with TSC;
- managing your volunteer membership or account with TSC and handling all membership or volunteer-related affairs;
- verification of your identity;
- our organising of the Activities and the provision of social impact and pro bono-related education, training and support to you;
- communicating with you and contacting you in connection with our, and our business partners’ organisation of, the Activities;
- responding to and handling your comments, questions and suggestions;
- with your consent, send you emails and communications to promote TSC’s Activities, services and offerings;
- compliance with applicable laws or requests from government, law enforcement or other regulatory authorities;
- collaboration with local and overseas charitable organisations to promote social impact and pro bono-related education and Activities in Hong Kong and overseas; and/or
- any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above or any other purposes which you may from time to time agree.
TSC’s disclosure of your personal data
For the purposes set out in Clause 2 above, TSC may, disclose or transfer, your personal data to the following classes of persons, whether within or outside Hong Kong:
- TSC’s employees or TSC’s clients or business partners which are organizing the Activities with TSC;
- any person who is under a duty of confidentiality to TSC such as TSC’s legal advisors or professional advisors;
- government, law enforcement or other regulatory authorities;
- TSC’s third party service providers, agents, contractors or professional advisors, which provide necessary services to TSC including but not limited to administrative, data storage, website hosting, telecommunications, data processing, payment, debt collection, marketing or other services;
- TSC’s collaborative local and overseas charitable organisations which help TSC promote social impact and other charitable goals to a wider audience.
- Please note that if you interact with TSC on our social media platforms (e.g. TSC’s Facebook page), your posts or ‘likes” may be visible to TSC and TSC may engage with you including sending messages to you via these platforms.
- If we intend to use your personal data (such as your name and email address) to send you promotional or marketing emails or communications to promote TSC’s Activities, services and offerings, we will first obtain your consent before doing so.
- You may opt-out from receiving promotional communications from TSC at any time, free of charge by:
- using the opt-out options HERE, or
- contacting TSC at the address set out at Clause 6
Your rights to access and correct your personal data held by TSC
Under the PDPO, you have the right to request for access to and correct your personal data held by TSC. You may contact TSC at:
Room 1504 Gee Tuck Building,
16-20 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Other third party websites